Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Green Thumb Project


Did some fall cleanup. Pulled out the ratty looking cuke plants and managed to lug 50 lbs. of peat moss to throw down over everything. The advantage of that is it's hiding the beating my flowers took when the menfolk worked on the house siding. My poor garden was mangled! I just wanted to get the moss down and seriously watered before the torrential rains we are going to get for 3 days. Hmmph. Next, later today, I'm going to have to go cover the fish pond with some screens to keep all the leaves and crap out. Wondering if I should buy more fish food or not. It's important to keep them fat so they can make it through winter. So I guess I'll be getting food when I head to Petco today. Sad it's fall in a way. The plants are doing well, still green and pretty. It will be bittersweet to see everything die down for winter. But at least I have a good start for next year. Picked some tomatoes, they are putting out like crazy still. Just puttering around today.

No comments: